Using KITE DISC testHow to use KITEDISCtest247.com
What would it mean to you if you could communicate powerfully and effectively with each of your prospects and customers? When you understand not only your unique KITE DISC style, and you also have the insights we share with you through our information product The Insider’s Guide to Super Sales Success, you will be well on your way to increased sales success.
Each of us wants to be treated in our DISC style. This fact is common globally. Where we as sales people fall flat on our faces is
- Knowing and understanding the tendencies of our personal DISC style
- Figuring out what DISC style our prospect or customer is
- Having the information in hand to guide us to what our prospect or customer’s DISC style prefers
An awful lot of our success depends on our facial expressions, the words we use, and even how many words we use. With The Insider’s Guide to Super Sales Success, you’ll have one of the most powerful tools available to help you get ahead of your competition and take home a bigger paycheck.
Step 1: Read the report – Well Duh! But here’s the funny thing; How you read the report will depend on you and your unique style (of course).
- If you want to know the bottom line fast, turn to the “Executive Summary” section (page 9) for two graphs which show your scores for all 4 dimensions for both your natural and adaptive styles.
- You high D’s, we have you pegged; we knew you wanted the bottom line right now even before you knew you were High D’s and even if you didn’t have the detail behind what the numbers mean. That’s also why this is the first bullet in how to read the reportJ. Because we knew you wouldn’t have the patience to read a bunch of stuff before we got to your type.
- You’re also probably wondering why anyone would put an Executive Summary in the middle of a report. Well, the report was obviously not written by a high D person and they felt the detail behind the numbers was important to have before the Executive Summary.
- High I’s, we need you to turn on your charm and persuade everyone else to read the report and do everything else we suggest on this page. Have you considered beiing a coach, counselor or teacher?!
- High S’s, thank goodness you have the patience and wherewithal to weather the storm around you and focus on the report. You can be the calm amidst the storm of all the activity that may ensue once people really start getting into their reports.
- High C’s, glad you could join us. We knew you would probably read all the nitty gritty details from beginning to end so that you fully understood the results. Good for you! You really don’t need too much else from us. Go to Step 2.
Step 2: Do the “Relevance Section”! This is where the rubber meets the road!
- We admit that this section can take some time to ponder all of the information about you. After all, you are a unique blend of all 4 behavioral dimensions.
- This report is unique to you and no one else.
- So, don’t worry if you don’t get it done in 5 minutes or 5 hours or 5 days.
- JUST DO IT!
- A supervisor or other leader
DISCLAIMER: Using the Kite DISC is intended to be one of several tools you use when considering individuals for jobs. It should not be used as the sole reason for hiring or not hiring someone. But instead, it is intended to be used to supplement other relevant information on the individual being considered such as a resume, interviews, background checks, etc. The Kite DISC should never be substituted for your own judgment of a candidate’s qualifications for the job or fit for a team. Now that THAT’S over with…. Using the KiteDISCTEST247.com results is easy. Simply reading the results report will give you tremendous insight. However, you will also need to have some insight into: What characteristics the job needs,
- Is it a sales job? Then a person who is a very high Cautious (C) or Stabilizing (S) may not be the best for the job. These folks tend to be more reserved when it comes to meeting NEW people. Usually a high Decisive (D) and/or Interactive(I) is best for a sales type job that requires meeting lots of new people (which most sales type jobs do).
- Is there a cut and dried chart that says “this type of person is good for this type of job”? Sorry, it’s not that simple because humans are not that simple. However, you will find recommendations for your ideal job climate within the report.
- If you want a team of people that are all just like you, then you better watch out, you just might get what you ask for.
- Think about having a whole bunch of people that think just like you. If you are all high C people (Cautious) you may never get a decision made or a sale closed because you all want more details and more proof or evidence.
- If you are all high S people (Stable), you will all be happy with each other but may not get any work done!
- OK. We’re over exaggerating a little. The point is, a mix of DISC styles can make for a very productive and healthy team. But you all need to know how to communicate with each other effectively. Productivity will be higher that way.
- What is the environment of your company AND the department? Is it more free-wheeling or does it make prison look like a party? The KiteDISCtest247.com will give you the understanding of what’s going on in the culture in your company.
How do we use the results of KITEDISCtest247.com for our team?
- Learn about yourself
- Read your report (more than once is advisable)
- Complete the “Relevance” section at the end of the report.
- Learn about the others on the team
NOTE: Remember, there is no “right” or “wrong” way to be. You are who you are and that is a good thing. Below is only 1 suggestion for using this insightful report in team development; There are myriads of ways to use this report for team building: Each team member shares their report with the other team members
Pay particular attention to the sections of this report entitled “Things to do to effectively communicate with (name of employee)” and “Things to Avoid to Effectively Communicate with (name of employee)”. WARNING: These sections may cause you to go “WOW” or “Now I get it!” out loud.
- Discuss each other’s answers to the “Relevance” section.
- Teach your people other how to communicate with each other.
High Decisive person to High C person: “What color do you think we should use for the background of this brochure?”
- High C person to High D person: “Well, in light of the shortage of blue ink in the printing area, which won’t be available until next Tuesday between the hours of 2:30 and 4:00, I checked on this with the supervisor, Sally, yesterday in our meeting on making our business more green friendly, I think we should use whatever color the print area has the most of which is yellow because we will need about 3,262 brochures and…..
- High Decisive person (mustering every ounce of the Stable component he or she has) to High C person: “C person, in the future, you can just tell me yellow. I trust you have looked into the matter thoroughly and I trust your judgment. “
That last statement about trust will go a long way towards improving communications between these two people. But remember, this exchange works both ways! The High D person had better be ready to meet the needs of the high C person with details to back up what they want to communicate to the High C person! The ol’ Who, What, Where, When, Why is a good rule of thumb to follow when you have someone that needs details.